While the July 4th holiday may look a little different this year, that doesn’t mean folks are going to be sitting at home doing nothing. Many still plan to enjoy the holiday with a barbecue, and for a lot of folks, that means steak.
A new survey finds:
· 30% of Americans are planning a barbecue for the Fourth of July.
· In fact, of the 49% of people who plan a traditional cookout each summer, 63% of plan to have it on July 4th.
· As for what they’ll be serving at that bbq, meat is the top choice to grill (37%), with the top meat choices including:
T-bone cut (16%)
Filet mignon (10%)
And it isn’t just the type of meet people are particular about. Other components to the perfect steak include:
· Cooked well-done (21%), medium-well (20%) or medium (16%)
· Topped with salt and pepper (43%)
· Cooked on a grill (57%)
· Wet marinade when grilling (44%)
· Paired with a baked potato (46%)
Photo Credit: Getty Images