It doesn’t take a lot to bring a smile to people’s faces, and now a new poll reveals what folks consider some of life’s simplest pleasures, and for a lot of people all it takes is a little vino.
A new survey, conducted by winemakers JaM Cellars (so let’s take this with a grain of salt), finds that for 65% of people wine is one of life’s best little luxuries, topping such pleasures as being home to watch your favorite TV shows (56%) and a home-cooked meal (55%).
Top Ten Life’s Little Pleasures
- Drinking wine (65%)
- Being home to watch my favorite TV shows (56%)
- Home-cooked meal (55%)
- Going shopping for myself (51%)
- Reading a book (51%)
- A sweet treat (delicious dessert) (50%)
- Date night with my partner (49%)
- Happy hour with friends (48%)
- Taking a leisurely walk outside (47%)
- Putting fresh sheets on my bed (46%)
As for the top reasons to drink wine, 67% say it’s for me-time, to relax and unwind, while 49% say fun time with friends is the best reason, 45% say it’s for meal time and celebrations, and another 38% say it’s for holidays.