Dog Saves Boy And Mom From Rattlesnake

posted by Charlie Munson - 

Cole Lewis and his mom were walking in their Lancaster, California neighborhood when they encountered a rattlesnake. But before the snake came near them, their family dog, Nala, stepped between them and the snake to protect her family.

Nala was bit once on the nose by the Mojave Green rattlesnake, a highly venomous pit viper species. But she was still in protector mode. “She waited until we were safe,” Cole explains. “She didn’t whimper or anything when she got bit.”

Cole’s step-dad rushed Nala to the veterinary hospital, where she received treatment for the snake bite. It was expensive - $4,000 - and the family has set up a GoFundMe campaign to help cover the cost. But they’re really just thankful Nala will be okay. “She saved my life,” Cole says, “and I just want to hang out with her now because she’s my hero.”

Charlie Munson

Charlie Munson

Want to know more about Charlie Munson? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 92.5 WESC! Read more

title

Content Goes Here