Sad Update: Thai Coin-Eating Turtle Dies Of Blood Poisoning

We talked about this poor fella last week on WESC. A Thai turtle that made headlines after veterinarians removed eleven pounds of coins from her stomach earlier this month is dead. "Piggy Bank" had been swallowing coins tossed into her pool for good luck for decades. The mass of coins inside cracked her shell and was making it difficult for her to move around. The first surgery took seven hours to complete and hopes were high for a recovery. But a second operation was soon needed after the turtle experienced more intestinal issues and slipped into a coma. The turtle died over the weekend from blood poisoning. She was 25.

Charlie Munson

Charlie Munson

Want to know more about Charlie Munson? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 92.5 WESC! Read more


Content Goes Here